A couple of weekends ago Jacob and I went to the
National Folk Festival here in Richmond. It comes to a city for 3 years in a row and this was its last year here. We enjoyed the music and food and watching all the people that were there. I would have posted this sooner but Jacob had the camera at school all week (he has to take pictures of his patients' teeth- gross, I know). Anyway, here are some pictures from the festival.

This is Cindy Cashdollar on steel guitar and Elana James on violin. They did western swing. Elana also sang. It was fun music to listen to. We loved it when the guy on upright bass had a solo. He was crazy.
This is a band called Vishten from PEI, Canada. They did Celtic/French music. They were a bit weird, tapping their feet a lot, but the music was good, even though Jacob couldn't understand their French very well when they sang.

This is a woman named Karan Casey from Ireland. She had a beautiful voice. I think she has a myspace page where you can listen to her. I really liked her music, but Jacob almost fell asleep!


Here is Jacob eating alligator nuggets! I tried them too and liked them. We were pretty hungry though. I don't know how to describe their taste other than to say it was kind of like chicken. :)


Well, that's it. We had a great time listening to the music and looking at all the stuff people had for sale. I don't know what city the festival is going to be in next year, but if it's in yours, you should definitely go!
2 comments:
How fun! I love outdoor festivals that you can just stroll along and relax. Looks like you also had great weather! you guys are cute.
Alligator nuggets? You're true rednecks now. Sounds like I would have liked the music. Kim you look so pretty. William told me last night that he took pictures of you in TN and that you could be a supermodel. :)
Post a Comment