Jacob and I went down to Williamsburg Sunday night for the Grand Illumination they do every year there. We had dinner with Brandon, Elizabeth, and Atticus and then we headed downtown. It was our first time seeing Colonial Williamsburg. It is beautiful there, even though it was dark and we couldn't see very well. All of our friends have told us about this event and we decided to go since it was our last chance. We loved it. It was a nice night, not too cold, so we didn't need the pile of blankets we had brought. We got there just in time for the fireworks. All of the houses and shops downtown light a candle in each window for the Christmas season. We were also entertained by a storyteller, bagpipes and drums, and fifes and drums.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That looks fun. I wish there was more Christmasy stuff to do here. I miss it!
Wasn't that fun? Let us know when y'all are back in town and we will hang out yet again. I can't promise fireworks this time though.
Post a Comment