Saturday, April 5, 2008
Cherry Blossom Festival
We finally decided to go up to D.C. and see the cherry blossoms since this is our last year to do that. We rode the metro into the city and I had never seen it so crowded. (Jacob said it was like a normal day in Paris on the metro.) The weather was a little chilly-mostly for Jacob b/c he forgot his jacket. But it was beautiful seeing all the trees in bloom around the tidal basin by the Jefferson Memorial. There was also a kite festival going on around the Washington Monument which was fun to see. There were tons of people but we had a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
how fun~! you guys live in such a fun part of the country :-)
How pretty! Are you going to miss it there?
Carole,
Yes, we are going to miss living here and being so close to fun things to see. But we are looking forward to living near family again.
Yeah, I'm jealous.
Hi Kim! Thanks for commenting on my blog... yeah... zach remembers your hubby, plus I went to school with Rachel and Todd! It's a small world huh?! These pics are beautiful! It looks like you guys are doing great!! How exciting to be in your final year of schooling. Your blog is cute... hope you don't mind me checking back! :)
Holly,
I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! I also noticed another connection we have. I saw that you have the link for Lauryn Donat on your blog. She is Jacob's cousin on his mom's side. I was wondering how you know her and Josh. It really is a small world! I don't mind you checking out my blog...hope we can keep in touch now!
how beautiful!! are they real cherry trees? like, will they have cherries this summer? yum!
Post a Comment