Well, we are back from our vacation in Hawaii, which was awesome. I was so sad to come home, especially when we arrived in SLC and it was rainy and a whopping 52 degrees. I wanted to get back on the plane to Oahu. I had been planning this vacation for a while and was so excited to go. It was our first time there. We stayed with my sister Jana and her husband Rob in their apartment in Laie. It was so fun to see them and hang out and also to have Jana drive us all over the island. We would've been so lost w/o her. They were wonderful hosts!
There is so much to share about what we saw and did. I will try not to overwhelm you with pictures (I took almost 500!), so I'll have to narrow them down. Here we go...
Our first day we walked down to Hukilau Beach. It was a little cloudy but still beautiful.
Here is Jacob trying to boogie board
Before ... ...After :)
For lunch we ate at Giovanni's, one of the famous shrimp trucks in Kahuku
garlic shrimp and 2 scoops of rice...mmmm (actually it was really messy b/c you had to peel the shrimp first, and there was a little too much garlic for me)
Rob and Jana
Here we are pretending to drink the juice of this coconut. We tried to eat it, but it was rotten...yuck! Later we found one in the ocean that we took home and ate and it tasted how we remembered a coconut tasting. So don't buy your coconut from Giovanni's!
Jana and Rob live only a 5-minute walk from the temple, so we were able to go do a session. It is beautiful inside and out!
This picture was not taken the night we went, but I wanted pictures of it in brighter light. Isn't it so pretty?


5 comments:
AHHHH....such beautiful pictures! that one of you guys sipping that drink is the best...FRAME IT! :-)
Kimmy, I'm so glad you got to go see Jana. I bet she was super excited. You make me want to go to Hawaii just by looking at your pics. I think I'll pass on the whole shrimp/rotten coconut thing though.
Looks like so much fun...I love Hawaii! Yum Thai food is the best!
Kim, we are so jealous of that fun Hawaii trip. I'm glad you got to vacation a little before Jacob gets thrown into working again. I'm glad you had a great time. It's fun to see all the cool pictures.
beautiful - and lucky break with the turtle!
Post a Comment