May 19 our ABF truck came for us to load. Thanks to our dads and a few neighbors we got everything packed onto the truck pretty well. It was strange to see our apartment empty once we got all of our stuff out. The next morning was moving day. Jacob had me walk through the apt. one last time to make sure we didn't miss anything. I had to hurry b/c it made me start crying. Jacob's parents drove our Altima and we drove the Neon. It was very sad for us to leave. I had to just not think about it as we drove away. We met so many amazing people while we lived in Virginia. We have made lots of wonderful friends who we'll miss terribly. Thank you for being part of our lives and for being our friends. 




at the brickyard

We also went to Carthage and took a tour of the jail. There is an amazing feeling in that building. I was glad we were able to go.

We had good weather for most of our trip until we reached the end of Nebraska. It was foggy and rainy and hard to see. And cold! We had not packed warm clothes. This is Jacob's dad wrestling a dinosaur at a rest stop in Nebraska.
When we got to Laramie, WY, I-80 was shut down b/c of tornadoes. We had planned on getting to Pocatello late that night, but we had to get a hotel room instead. We woke up the next morning to 2" of snow! Wyoming has crazy weather! We were glad to get going and leave Wyoming behind. 
Friday, May 23 we drove into Pocatello in the afternoon. It was so good to get out of the car and be done driving! We are excited to be here and be in our new townhouse. Good luck to any of our friends who still have to move!
Loading up the last of our stuff
Another thing I will miss about Virginia is all the trees. It is so green and beautiful there. But it will be good to get away from the humidity!
We decided to go to Nauvoo since it wasn't too far out of our way. I hadn't been there since before the temple was built so I was excited to see it. Especially since Jacob's Grandpa Orchard did the stone for it and placed the oxen in the baptistry. It was beautiful inside. I wish we'd had more time and could've have done a session at the temple. It just means I'll have to go back again!
at the brickyard
We also went to Carthage and took a tour of the jail. There is an amazing feeling in that building. I was glad we were able to go.
We had good weather for most of our trip until we reached the end of Nebraska. It was foggy and rainy and hard to see. And cold! We had not packed warm clothes. This is Jacob's dad wrestling a dinosaur at a rest stop in Nebraska.


6 comments:
Those were cute pictures! Have you gotten things a little bit more moved in? Sam and I already really miss you guys. I had a dream that you guys were still here last night and I woke up and was so sad b/c you guys are gone. We'll have to count on July for sure though. Sorry I never called you back-LOST's season finale was on when I got home. Did you watch it? I'll try to call this week-adios amiga!
Hey guys! We miss you so much already. We're glad that you made it to Pocatello safely despite the weather. It is starting to get really hot and yucky here so be glad for the cooler weather. :) Have fun unpacking! (at least it is more fun than packing... in my opinion).
I'm so glad you arrived safely! We want to go back to Nauvoo again as well - we went with my family when Caleb was just a baby but it was a whirlwind trip, and we want to go and take the time to visit more of the sights. Anyways, have fun getting settled - I'll see you in a few months!!
Hey guys!
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. You should know by now how greatly missed you two are. Let me know how your trip was and I'm excited to see pictures of your new place!
Nice big muscles in the photo Jacob. It really is crazy thinking this next week we won't be lifting weights. Glad you guys made it safe to pokie. Hope the gpr goes awesome and Kim can teach many lessons on the piano.
we miss you guys!!!!! It sounds like you had quite the adventure driving out west. I hope that you are all moved in and making some good friends:)
Post a Comment