I took English Toffee and Chocolate Truffles (the toffee is something we made every year growing up)
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Books & Cooks
Every month I have been going to a Books & Cooks club that one of my neighbors hosts at her house. She picks a theme and we each bring a dish and copies of the recipe to share. We also talk about and lend books to each other. It's been so much fun. So last week the theme was Christmas treats since we will not be meeting in December. The power went out in our neighborhood right before it started but we still met and ate by candlelight. She already had her Christmas tree and other decorations up and it just really got me in the mood for Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Kimmy, it's Christmas food, of course I want the recipes. Pass them along! I like the sound of your club a lot better than those book share things that go through the mail. Breanne tried to get me to join for kid books. I'm just not into that. But I would do a club like yours!
That sounds like a really fun kind of get together! Recipes would be awesome! L :)
YUM!! Books and cooks... that is a great idea! Is it different than a "book" club - you don't all have to read the same book each month and then review it, you all just chat about what you've been reading? That sounds very cool and totally doable. Hmmm, I might have to start something like that... :)
Oh YUM!! I think you need to post ALL the recipes!! How fun too. We have a recipe group... but I would love to be apart of book club too!
Yum. I want english toffee!
WOW Kim! That looks like a lot of work. You are quite the chef!!!
Post a Comment