Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Moon rocks, helmets, and crepes

We got to go to the NASA Space Center a couple of weeks ago. It is a pretty fun place. We took a little tram over to the Johnson Space Center and got to see a rocket called Saturn V that once took astronauts to the moon. It is huge! It's so big it was hard to get it all in one picture. Jacob thought I was brave for trying on this space helmet that lots of other people have had on their heads. He wouldn't even touch it. I don't think I got anything from it...at least not yet anyway. ha, ha
touching a moon rock


This thing was supposed to show you how much weight you could lift on different planets. I don't think it worked b/c they all felt the same to me.

The Johnson space center is where a lot of the astronauts train for their missions. These are some of the training modules for living at the space station.
We enjoyed learning more about how the astronauts train and how they live in space. We even got to see how they use the bathroom (don't worry, there was no actual demonstration). They said that is the most popular question about living in space. It is a fun and informative museum and we were glad we went. Did any of you ever want to be an astronaut?



We ended the night by eating at a place in downtown Houston called CoCo's Crepes. We tried a savory and a sweet one. (Sorry, not a good picture. I was too hungry to care.) They were both delicious. It made me want to come home and make a bunch, but I haven't yet. Wish this restaurant was a little closer to us. But maybe it's better that it's not cause I'd eat there all the time!

3 comments:

Shaela said...

that sounds like such a cool place. Lina keeps saying she's going to fly to the moon and take Daddy, and I get to stay here with Caleb. :) those crepes look yummy - I have some crepe recipes I'll have to pull them out!

Jana and Rob said...

I'm excited to come to TX! We need to plan what we're gonna do!

Matt and Haley said...

I think it's so awesome that you and Jacob get out and do all sorts of fun things together!