Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dry

I never thought when we moved to one of the most humid places in the U.S. that I would ever have dry skin. But lately my face has been getting so dry. It's definitely not as bad as it was in Idaho though, where I had dry skin all year round. I have been wondering if I need to get a new moisturizer for my face. Right now I use L'oreal Active Daily Moisture Lotion with SPF 15. I usually have to put on two coats of lotion so my face doesn't feel so dry.
What do you use? Anything you would recommend?

6 comments:

Devin said...

I recently switched to Purpose face lotion. http://www.amazon.com/Purpose-Dual-Tment-Moist-SPF15/dp/B002BXISJ4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1265124370&sr=1-2
I bought it at Target. It is moisturizing and provides a pretty thick coverage, but isn't oily and doesn't make me break out. It's so budget friendly :) I was previously using Oil of Olay with SPF and it's great in the summer, but isn't thick enough for my winter dry skin.

glarcy said...

I have a whole face treatment program that a friend of mine researched. It is the only thing that keeps my raging acne almost completely in check.

The best part is, all the stuff you can basically get at walmart and the total cost is around $40 a year.

Interestingly enough, I think the most beneficial part of the treatment is the moisturizer. before bed, you rub the cetaphil night cream (in a huge tub) on your face, and then in the morning, you put on the cetaphil face lotion with spf 15.

Sorry, I feel like an advertisement... but if you want more info, let me know!

Matt and Haley said...

My hands have been so dry this winter...it doesn't matter how much I keep them lotioned. I don't know what it is this year, but I've never had a problem with dry skin in Houston before.

Chad and Carole said...

I just took Tyler to the doctor and he noticed Tyler's dry skin and said once you get behind you have to catch up with moisturizing. He said I would have to put lotion on Tyler 4-5 times a day then once a day after that...and he recommended Eucerin (sp?). It's okay to use on your face too. Maybe you just need to "catch up" with what you have then it will be fine!

Shaela said...

I use a non-drying facial wash in the mornings, then I put on tinted moisturizer. works well for me, but don't know if it would for you. good luck!

Lauryn Moon Donat said...

I LOVE my garnier nutriste daily skin moisturizer. It works wonders for me. Good amount of moisture without feeling it on your face and being oily. It's worth a try!