This has been a long time in coming, since we made the decision to adopt almost one year ago, after we found out I wouldn't be able to conceive. We know adoption is the way our children are meant to come to our family. Now, after filling out a mound of paperwork, being fingerprinted for background checks, getting physical exams, being interviewed, having a home study, and creating an online profile, we are finally finished. Whew! It was a lot of work, but I hear pregnancy is too! We are so excited at being one step closer to bringing a child into our home. Thank you to all of you who have supported us throughout this journey. It really means a lot to know we have so many people praying and hoping for us to become parents. We have already learned so much this year about adoption and hope we can share with others what a positive and wonderful thing it can be.
Adoptive families are encouraged to find their baby, as opposed to waiting for a baby, and that's where you come in! We need your help in spreading the word that we are hoping to adopt. If you know of an expectant parent considering her options, you can direct her to LDS Family Services through the website www.itsaboutlove.org. There she can find an agency near her and receive counseling and support. Our agency is in Houston, Texas and can be reached at 281-537-0211. If she is interested in viewing adoptive family profiles, that can also be done at itsaboutlove.org. Our profile can be found by searching our names or by our profile id 23149140.


21 comments:
Congrats! I can't wait to see what happens!
I hope you have good success! My brother and sister-in-law are going through LDS Services. Unfortunately they have been waiting for almost 2 years. Hopefully you will see quicker results. I've heard being outside of Utah is helpful.
Congratulations and best wishes. This is such a big deal! I am so happy for you both and for the cuties who are waiting to join your sweet family. My cousin and her husband have adopted two beautiful baby boys in the last few years, so it is definitely possible! Adoption is such a blessing for everyone involved!
Yeah! Congratulations. I know your babies are out there somewhere. And I think it is wonderful all the many ways families can be formed. I am so excited you guys are all done and approved. Keep us updated.
Congratulations! This is very exciting. We pray that your journey will be short and that you will soon bring that special little one into your family that was meant just for you!
Hooray!!!! I'll put your link on my blog! What exciting news! :)
Congratulations!!! I've seen what a special experience adoption is for all those involved. Matt and I wish you both the best of luck!
Hooray! Good luck on your adoption journey Kim.
My heart skipped a beat when I read your post. WAHOO!!!!! We are so excited for you guys--you're THAT much closer to bringing a cute little kiddo into your home! Hopefully no more paperwork too right? It sounded like A LOT! You guys will be the best parents ever! PS-we need to have a phone date soon-it's been a long time! I'm using so many exclamation marks, but I'm so excited for you guys!!!! :)
That's incredible news!! Congratulations. Our good friends just adopted their first little boy and the whole process was amazing for them. I'm sure they would be more than happy to talk with you and tell you their experience if you're interested. Just let me know. We're so happy for you!!
This is Sara Weaver btw, I forgot I usually use Jared's account when I post.
That is so exciting. I can't think of a couple that would be more perfect. I wish you the best and hope we can find a sweet little one to add to your family soon.
Kim and Jacob--your profile turned out so good...beautiful picture at the first with your message. You both did a really good job letting the birth mother get to know you each a bit better...we will be constantly praying and keeping our ears and eyes open for mothers you are considering adoption. We are so excited for you and know what a wonderful blessing having a child in your home will be for both you and the little one...any child would be so lucky to have great parents like you two...we love you with all our hearts!!!
We are so happy for you guys! Congrats! Hopefully you will find your little one soon. :) You guys will make great parents and your kids will be so lucky to have you guys. Hope you guys are doing good. Miss you guys! (and yes, I just read Traci's post and we sound the same, oh well! I meant what I said and I said what I meant!) :)
BOO YAH!
Congrats!
There is one lucky little person waiting for you two! You will be wonderful parents and I'm so excited to hear the updates! Good luck!
I hope you guys get a baby soon!
Congrats!!! We are so happy for you. Hope things go well. We'll be praying for you!
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I realize I am late getting the news, but I am SO happy for you both. You are both going to be such amazing parents. I will be sure to direct someone to you if the opportunity presents itself. I was going to tell you to check out my friends Zach & Holly's blog, but I see you are already friends! Josh and Zach were mission companions. I know they've had 2 great adoption success stories! Hip Hip Hurray!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I remember watching my brother and his wife fill out all of their paperwork for adoption. It is quite an ordeal. More than I ever realized. I am sure it is such a relief to have that part over with. Your personal profile is perfect! The pictures you guys chose show so much of who you both are and also what wonderful parents you will be. You have so much to give! We will definitely keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We will keep our ears open for opportunities as well. What a blessing this whole experience will be. I am amazed how much my little nephew (who was adopted) looks exactly like my brother. It's just testimony to me that these special children get sent to the right families through another. Good Luck! We can't wait!
I started crying when I read your post. I know what a blessing it is to be placed in a home with parents who loved me and taught me the gospel. I loved hearing the stories of my parents waiting for me and knowing that Heavenly Father was watching and preparing me special just for them. You will know when the time has come and a special little one is ready and prepared for you. You will be blessed beyond measure. It is so exciting to think about the process however long it may be. Good Luck and know that my prayers are with your and your husband and the mother who will be bringing your child into the world. I think I will be telling and asking EVERYONE!
Post a Comment