Two weeks ago Jacob ran his first half marathon in Galveston. He had trained some, but not as much as he could have b/c he was sick the last few weeks leading up to the race. Our friend Haley ran it too so we drove down with her family. Here they are getting ready to start. They had to put their bib numbers with the timing chip in their pocket because there were no more safety pins when they registered, which is why Jacob is not wearing his in any of the pictures.
We waited at the 9 mile marker to cheer them on. (Jacob's giving Caleb a high-five.) We barely got there in time to see Haley.
Finally finished and relieved that it's over! He ran it in about 2 1/2 hours. Haley finished in just under 2 hours. She's getting ready to run a marathon in January.
Jacob says he's never running a half marathon again. He was exhausted and sore for the next few days. But I was so proud of him for doing it. I still struggle with running just a few miles. So I think both Jacob and Haley are amazing for running that far. We grabbed some of the free food on our way out including cookies, candy, drinks, and pizza. Gotta make that registration fee worth it!


5 comments:
woohoo!! way to go Jacob! if I can ever run again I want to do another half marathon... for real next time, hahaha.
Nice job Jacob. The crazy things we do in our 30's to make us seem young.
I'm proud of him! That's cool he did that.
Good job. I'm not a runner either. I know Chad wishes that I were.
Good job Jacob for winning the race I hope you had fun!!!! (from sydney)
Hey Jacob don't quit I'll run a marathon with ya... just kidding.. well done I will never be able to run that far at one time....(logan)
Post a Comment