Sunday, May 8, 2011

I am a {mother}

Today I celebrate my first Mother's Day as a mom.  When I was young and someone would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would always answer, "a mom".  Ever since I can remember, I wanted to get married and have lots of children.  As you can imagine, the past several Mother's Days have not been the easiest for me.  This year I am overjoyed to have my sweet Katherine to hold.  I will always be grateful to her birth mom for bringing Katie into this world and for placing her in ours. 

She is my dream come true.
My heart is full. 

7 comments:

Marissa said...

I am so happy that you finally get to have your dream. Happy Mothers day!

Jana and Rob said...

I agree with Marissa. We're so happy for you to be a mom!

Annalee said...

Happy Mother's Day, Kim!! I'm excited for you to have so many mother's days now:) And Happy Mother's day to your special friend 'M' for making the hardest decision to give Katie the best life. You're all amazing!

Chad and Carole said...

Jeez Kim! It was a short post but had me crying. I'm so happy for you. I'm so glad you get to be a mom...it's the best, right?

Shaela said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAY!! Everyday will be Mother's Day for you now. So happy for you. :)

Logan and Traci Wood said...

Happy Mothers Day Kim...you deserve to be in that role so much and I am so glad you finally have that opportunity!

Matt and Haley said...

It's been so long since we've seen Katie. I can't wait to see how much she's changed!