Wednesday, August 24, 2011

6 months

Katie turned 6 months old on August 16!  Here are her new stats from her doctor's appt. that day:

15 lbs 12 oz (50th percentile)
27 1/2" (95-97th percentile)
Head: 16 3/4"

This little lady is turning out to be tall and skinny, but she still has those chubby cheeks we love.  We had to wait a week for her to get her immunizations because she had a fever of 100 degrees.  When I took her back for her shots she weighed 16 lbs 4 oz, so she'd gained 8 oz in one week! 

I know this is not the best picture since she's mad (she was getting tired), but I wanted you to see her two little teeth!  The first one came in a month ago and the second followed about two weeks later.  I will try to get a better picture of her teeth when she's happy. :)




There's that tongue again...
Here's one of her newest tricks - sitting up by herself!  She still topples pretty easily but she's getting better and can sit up for longer now. 
We'll have to teach her to keep her dress down. 

Katie also recently started army crawling and going up on her hands and knees.  I will have to get a video; it's so cute.  Lots of new things happening lately!  I love this stage; she's just growing and developing so fast and is really showing her personality.  We are blessed to have such a mild-mannered and happy baby!   

5 comments:

Shaela said...

She is darling!! I don't think she could get any cuter. :)

jaustin620 said...

She really is growing and developing. Don't let her get any bigger until we see her in September! Love that little baby!

Matt and Haley said...

Yea for sitting up! She really is such a good baby!

Logan and Traci Wood said...

Fun Fun Fun!!! I love that she is sitting up! What fun...it just keeps getting better as they learn more...
My favorite pic is the second to the last one. Her face looks so adorable!

Jana and Rob said...

She is getting so big and grown up! Can't wait to see her this week!! I can't believe I'm just now checking your blog. Oops!