Katie was blessed in church on Sept. 18. I held her on my lap because we thought she might do better with me holding her. She squirmed and fussed the whole blessing! I think she hated having all those big hands on her head. :) I could barely pay attention to what Jacob was saying because I was worrying about keeping Katie still. But it was a really good blessing, and I'm so happy that I had my sister write down the main points! Also, I found out the next week that a sweet woman in our ward had taken Katie's blessing down in shorthand, then written it out longhand to give to us. Isn't that awesome?! Now I can read her blessing anytime. It was also really special having several family members there with us. She was one of three babies blessed in our ward that day.
The men who participated in her blessing:
Josh Donat, Bill Austin, Jacob, Todd Koster, Ted Orchard, and Bishop Andy Rapoza (not pictured)
3 generations: Mom, Katie, and me
A few things she was blessed with are:
a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and his love for her
the strength of will to choose the right
a strong work ethic
a desire to serve others
to be kind and loving
Those are all wonderful things that I'm excited to see her gain as she grows older. Notice the "strongs" and "strength of will". I think we're already seeing those show in her personality. :) She brings so much joy to our home!


4 comments:
So sweet! I have both Caleb and Lina's blessings written out (thanks to generous ward members as well, lol) and I have them in their baby books. Such a special thing. :)
Was the ward member Sister Ellington by chance? She did that for Caleb's baby blessing too when we were in the Glen Loch ward.
I'm glad I could be there for her blessing. It was a special weekend!
Haley, yes, it was Sis. Ellington. I think she does it for most, if not all, of the baby blessings.
Post a Comment