We had the Kosters and the Cheneys over this year for Thanksgiving. It's been so fun having family close by the last several months, especially for the holidays. Jacob enjoyed a little ultimate frisbee in the morning, while I watched the Macy's parade and started getting the food ready. I was not as busy as the last two years since I didn't have to prepare all the food, which was really nice. I think Katie had a great first Thanksgiving. She sure loved the mashed potatoes!
Todd cooked the turkey, and it was some of the best I've ever eaten. It didn't even need gravy since it was so moist.
We had so much food, and everything tasted amazing. I made cranberry sauce for the first time, and it was so easy and delicious. Everyone loved it. No going back to the canned jellied stuff! I also made my mom's stuffing, creamed corn, sweet potatoes, punch, and two pies. Rachel and Stacie brought green bean casserole, squash casserole, gravy, mashed potatoes, rolls, and desserts.
Stacie, Ben, and little Ada
Kaden, Todd, Rachel, and Teagan
Here's a few of us on Katie's first Thanksgiving:
We wanted one of all of us, and it took a few tries till we got a good one. I laughed so hard when I saw this. We have been trying to teach Katie body parts. Maybe she has caught on to where my eyes are? :) And her fingernails were sharp cause I needed to clip them. Ouch!
This one is better...
Ah, there we go... perfect. :)
We have been so blessed this year, especially with our precious Katie. We are thankful for all our wonderful family and friends and for all of you reading this! I love this time of year, and I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas with family in Idaho. Hope y'all had a very happy Thanksgiving!


3 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! Your little family is so sweet. :)
No cranberry ice?!?!?!
Looks like your Thanksgiving was great!
Haha, your eye! Looks like a fun Thanksgiving!!
Post a Comment