I wanted to share more pictures from our time in Tennessee. Although we were there under very sad circumstances, I really do enjoy spending time with my family. It was comforting to be together.
Us on the morning of the funeral
Jana and me at the funeral luncheon at the church. We were all famished by this point, and the food was delicious.
Jacob and Rob
Katie ate a black olive for the first time...off of her finger, of course! :)
My amazing parents, Bill and Jane
A highlight of the day was seeing our former elementary school teacher, Mrs. Donna Uitendaal. She taught every single one of us. I even had her twice - for 1st grade and 8th grade. Jana had her twice as well for two different grades. She was an excellent teacher, and it was wonderful to see her and feel her love and support for our family. She told us that she always looked forward to teaching the Austin children because we were such good students! Always nice to hear things like that, right? It was great having her there.
Mom with her sisters, Anne and Ellen. Best aunts ever!! I love them. We were so thankful they came to help us through that difficult time.
Louisa, Will, Liam and Heather
my amazing family
I know this isn't the best picture, but for some reason it's the only one of us with our Austin cousins, Wendy and Dusty, and our Uncle Mike. We were also grateful to have them there with us.
Apparently, Louisa and I were too exhausted/sad/etc. to attempt to smile. We were all pretty worn out emotionally and physically by that afternoon.
We were cheered up a little that night by half price shakes at Sonic. Katie hogged most of Grandma's milkshake. Looks like we have another ice cream lover on our hands. :)
Here are some more pictures of how tired we all were. Dad was "preparing" his talk for church, but I think a nap won out. (Yes, he still spoke in church the day before Anna's funeral. He said he'd already agreed a couple weeks previously to speak, and didn't want to back out. He's a great example to me of fulfilling commitments even in hard times.)
We ate dinner very late one night, and Katie nodded off after eating. We didn't get a picture of her sleeping, but Jana did capture it on video. It was pretty cute.
I cleaned her up and whisked her off to bed.
Guess Jacob didn't think about how bad his wrist would hurt when he fell asleep like this...
My brother, being the pyromaniac that he is, had to fill up on fireworks since they are cheaper and more available in Tennessee than Utah. He also loaded up with fireworks to take back to his father-in-law. Rob took some back to his brother too. They bought so many that they had to use my dad's little trailer for the drive back. Will has always loved fireworks since he was young and we enjoy watching the shows he puts on. No trip home with Will there is complete without some fireworks!
me, Mom, Louisa
Katie's cousin Liam was not too happy with all the hugs she kept trying to give him. He is a month younger but is taller and about 5 pounds heavier. I loved seeing them play together.
Will and Jana in Anna's room
Will planted this tulip poplar when he was 10 (1996). It has grown to be so tall and beautiful.
Whew, I think that's it. I'll post pictures from Anna's memorial and burial in Utah soon.


3 comments:
Ha! I remember Will playing with matches on your front porch and your folks were okay with it! For that, I always thought your parents were cool.
We managed to have some fun times while we were there. Family pictures just don't seem complete though. Carole, I remember you guys were amazed with what William was allowed to do with fire/explosives. :)
Great pics! Who took the one of me and you with the babies? We look ticked! lol
Post a Comment