We held our 2nd Halloween party a couple Saturdays before Halloween. I started getting ready for it sooner than last year since I remembered how much work it was! We had so much fun and I hope our guests did too. We decided to make our costumes this year. (Mine says Oral-B.) Jacob drew the tooth and I cut it out and sewed it from a bedsheet. They were fun, but my toothbrush "hat" was pretty awkward to wear so it came off after everyone arrived.
our little sweet tooth
Cheneys (won best group costumes)
Noordas
Kosters (won scariest, what else?)
Paternos
Haynies (bowling pin and ball - won funniest)
Woods (won most beautiful)
Falconers (won best overall family)
Argyles (won most creative)
Everyone brought Halloween-themed finger foods to share.
tooth and tooth fairy
After we ate, the kids played carnival games.
pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern
ring toss
bobbing for apples
donut on a string
The cute Falconer girls, Susie and Tess, ran the fishing booth.
Kaden fishing
The adults played a game called Candy Corn Toss. We divided into two teams and had to scoop candy corns up on a spoon held between our teeth and run to the other side to dump the candy in a bucket. If you dropped a candy corn you had to go back and start over. Whoever had the most candy corns at the end won (the guys did, although the girls finished first).
Later we went inside and had everyone vote on costumes and guess how many candies were in a jar. (With the exception of Noordas and Paternos who left early.) While Jacob and I tallied the votes, everyone else played Halloween charades. Logan won the jar of M&M's; there were 487 and his guess was only off by 3. Here's Sydney accepting her family's award for Most Beautiful Costumes.
We also gave favors of white chocolate popcorn with candy corn m&m's.
We loved having everyone here and missed those who couldn't come. It really put me in a Halloween mood. But the next day I felt like Halloween should be over and we still had a week and a half to go! I'll do a separate post with pictures of decorations.


3 comments:
I want to live by you just so I can come to your parties!!! Jeez! They look like so much fun!
There were some really creative costumes!! I'm really impressed.
Wow! That looks like a lot of fun and a lot of work. Wish I could come too.
Post a Comment