I can't believe that I have a two-year old! Everyone told me to cherish every moment because the time would fly by and it really did. I still remember clearly the first time I saw her and held her the day she was born. It took a while after bringing her home for it to sink in that she was truly ours. Now there is no doubt in my mind and heart that she was meant to come to our family. I love our little sweet pea more every day! Here are some pictures from our celebration.
I had a lot of fun decorating, and Jacob contributed by blowing up all of those balloons! (I saw this idea on the internet.)
birthday girl
I made the cake and Jacob decorated it. Didn't he do a great job? I thought it turned out really pretty. And it tasted delicious! I used the Easy White Cake recipe from Our Best Bites. It has an incredible vanilla flavor and is very moist. Seriously, the next time you need to bake a cake, make this one! Everyone raved over it.
We also had chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting (recipe also from Our Best Bites). They tasted amazing too!
Had to throw a little something healthy in there. :)
Katie and her BFF Ada chowing down on their cupcakes.
Do you like our matching outfits? :) Hey, that's what mothers of daughters get to do, right? (Jacob was heading off to a church meeting after the party.)
The picture collage was a lot of fun! I loved remembering all these moments over the last two years.
Katie loved playing with the balloons when we took them off the wall. She pulled them along behind her through the house.
Um, Katie may be a little spoiled, er, blessed. :) Thank you to all our family and friends for her awesome gifts. (A couple of the stuffed animals are from Valentine's Day.) Katie has been in heaven playing with her new toys and having us read all her new books.
The tricycle is her big gift from us. She has been obsessed with it, even though she can't push the pedals yet. We'll keep trying and I know she'll get it eventually!
I am so grateful to be Katie's mom. We have been blessed tremendously by having her sweet spirit in our home. I'm excited to celebrate many more birthdays with her!




















2 comments:
You always have the cutest decorations at whatever party you host! She's such a cutie, and we were glad to be able to share in her special day.
The food and decorations are adorable! And of course Katie is too. :)
Post a Comment