Friday, May 3, 2013

Easter 2013

A couple weeks before Easter, our ward had a party where we ate breakfast and participated in an egg hunt.  Last year Katie was too young to really understand what to do, but this year she was old enough to find eggs by herself.  The day was overcast and cool, but it didn't rain so we could still hold the hunt outside. Katie had a blast searching for eggs.



showing me the little orange she found (grateful there was more than just sugar to find!)

My mom sewed this sweet little outfit for Katie for her birthday, but with my dad's health issues, she couldn't finish and send it till later.  Isn't Katie so cute in it?  I love it!  (I really should have paid better attention to my mom's sewing lessons when I lived at home!)

My awesome friend, Cristin, who I get to visit teach, sent me home with these gorgeous and heavenly-scented roses from her garden.  (It was around Easter-time, so that's why this pic is included here.) :) 
The day before Easter, we went to a free festival at a nearby park that a local church had organized.  It was amazing!  Katie met the Easter bunny, hunted for candy-filled eggs again (we gave the candy to our nephews), and got a balloon, plus we ate free hot dogs, chips, drinks, cotton candy, etc.  They also had a rock wall, face painting, and bouncy houses set up for the kids.  I'm sure that church had a boost in their attendance on Easter. :)


first taste of cotton candy
cute cousins, Tylee and Katie
The Kosters invited us to their house to dye eggs.  Rachel had prepared about 3 dozen eggs.  They had some friends in town too so I guess she figured we'd need a lot.  

Dye was flying left and right, so Katie's shirt came off for safe-guarding. :)
Jacob got to join in at the end after he'd worked up a sweat playing Ultimate Frisbee.
Katie in her new dress on Easter Sunday.  (Thank you to our friend, Traci, for the adorable yellow shoes!)  


It was a great day reflecting on the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I was also released from my calling as Primary pianist (sad), and called to be a nursery leader (wow) and ward music chairman (always wanted that one).  Later, once Jacob was home, we enjoyed a simple but delicious meal of ham, green beans, and mashed cauliflower.  We had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Jana and Rob said...

I love all the pics. Looks like a fun Easter.