Friday, November 22, 2013

Happenings {August}

Well, I have gotten out of the habit of blogging lately, so it's time to get caught up again!  I'm trying to decide if I want to keep blogging next year, but I at least need to finish up with 2013.  It's just been easier to post pictures onto facebook and instagram recently.  Plus, I still need to make books for every year I've been blogging!  I dread it and would seriously pay someone to do it for me!   But anyway, on to catching up...

This summer we were able to spend some time with our dear friends, Lauren and Peter Read, while they lived here again for the summer.  In August, they left to go back to Colorado for school.  We just love them and miss them so much!  (Hope they come back next summer too!)
I had the amazing and wonderful honor of being at one of my best friend's labor and delivery of her new baby girl, Averee.  Stacie has become like a sister to me and was so sweet to allow me the privilege of witnessing her daughter's birth.  It is something that I personally will never get to experience and it was amazing to see that special moment of her sweet little girl entering the world.  Thank you, Stacie!!!
Katie loved meeting Averee too.
We loved having Jacob's sister, ShayNiel, as our waitress one night at Texas Roadhouse.  Taking home extra rolls and cinnamon butter was a great bonus, too. :) 
ShayNiel and I took Katie and her cousins to the Blue Bell Creamery one day.  (I think it was my fourth time going and Jacob has still never been.)  The kids loved it.
Well, Katie mostly loved the yummy ice cream at the end of the tour. (That's my favorite part too.)
I started working more on letters, colors, and shapes with Katie.  She really likes when we have "school time", but I need to be more consistent with it.
One night we took Katie to see the LDS Houston Temple. (For more on LDS temples, click here.)  Of course she doesn't fully understand what the temple is yet, but she knows it is a special and important place.  We thought she would like to go see it and walk around.  We took some pictures and sang "I Love to See the Temple", a song we've sung to her since birth which she knows most of the words to now.  Taking her there brought back memories of the day we were sealed to her two years ago.  It was great spending time together there.
And that's how our August went!

No comments: