
Last weekend we went to see the musical Fiddler on the Roof performed by the Christian Youth Theater. It was all kids ages 8-18 and they did an amazing job! They are soo much better than regular high school plays. We have also seen them perform Pocahontas and Joseph. We have loved all 3, even though Jacob was falling asleep in Fiddler. He had just finished taking boards so he was exhausted. It was a long play-about 3 hours. I was familiar with most of the music, but I hadn't remembered it has such a depressing ending. (They are forced to leave their hometown after they have disowned a daughter and are leaving 2 other daughters behind. Sad.) Our friends, the Waddoups, went with us, and I was happy that they liked it too. Some of my students and their families are involved with CYT, so it was fun to see them in the play. (Sorry, no pictures.)


No comments:
Post a Comment