Thursday, August 28, 2008
Ghost Town Restored
A couple weeks ago we drove out to see this little Mormon ghost town called Chesterfield. A lot of the buildings there have been restored and you can take a tour of them. It was built on the Oregon trail and people still lived there until the 1950's. It was fun to walk around and go inside the houses. It was very quiet and peaceful there. In the museum there were all these old pump organs so I decided to try one out. (No one was in there to stop me so I hope it was ok!) It was so fun to play, but kind of weird to keep the sound going with your feet.
This is one of the last tithing offices of our church that is still standing. Unfortunately, it was locked so we just had to peek in the windows.
In one cabin you could climb this ladder to go into the loft area. Even I had to turn sideways to squeeze through.
We visited the little log cabin store after our tour and loaded up on candy and soda. Lemon drops, rootbeer barrells, licorice, and huckleberry and sarsaparilla soda. Yum! I haven't eaten that much candy in one sitting for a long time. Oh well, the dentist was eating it too, so I guess it was alright. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That looks really fun! We miss y'all in Virginia!
Ha! ha! ha! My grandma has a red player piano in her house that you have to pump with your feet! I forgot all about it! Looks like a fun excursion!
I seriously can't believe that you had to turn sideways...you tiny thing. That must have been a very small spot.
That looks like a place I would really like to go and Rob would be bored after a quick glance around. I love all the old fashioned candy. Reminds me of when we were younger.
Post a Comment