Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Candy Corn Concerns


Yesterday Jacob told me about a discussion he heard on the radio that I thought was so ridiculous I had to share it with you. The dj's were talking about candy corns and wanted to know which end (little or big) of the candy points up. If I had to choose I would say the little end points up, but Jacob said lots of people were calling in to the radio station to say that the big end always goes up. (Jacob would not like my grammar right now either b/c I keep ending sentences with prepositions. Oh, well.) I thought this was so silly that I had to ask all of you what you think. Does the little end point up, or is it the big end??

6 comments:

The Eggett Adventures said...

I would have to say that the little end points up. It actually suprised me that you said a lot of people said the other way. Funny. Hope you are doing good. We sure miss you guys!

Alison said...

Funny! I always thought the little end went up too. :)

Shaela said...

It all depends: technically, if you think of the candy corn as a sugary substitute for REAL kernal corn, the big end should point up, because it is the large end of the kernal that is on the outside of the ear... if you pull off the kernal, the little pointy end goes DOWN into the cob. But technicalities aside, and just all by it's cute, sugary self, I always imagined the little end to point up. :0) (how's that for reading too much into it? lol

Emily said...

the little white end goes up. no questions about it!

Jana and Rob said...

I have always thought the little end goes up, but what Shaela says makes a lot of sense. All I know is I eat mine in three bites and I always bite the white part first, b/c it's the top.

Anonymous said...

Um..it's the little end. Duh! =)