Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Houston Zoo

On Labor Day we played tennis in the morning and then decided to go to the zoo. After driving around for 30 minutes just to find a parking spot, we finally gave in and paid $10 to be in a parking garage. (Just one of the little things I miss about a small town.) It was fun to see all of the animals including a white alligator and the biggest orangutan I've ever seen.
Can you tell we're in Texas? the bald eagle, one of my favorite animals
being a flamingo :)

Still smiling despite the heat and crowds...
We had a good time but were relieved to get home out of the sun and relax and watch some of the U.S. Open.

2 comments:

Shaela said...

sounds like fun! I love to play tennis but don't have any rackets and no one to play with... lol. So as you can guess I don't play very often. :)

Matt and Haley said...

Yay for the U.S. Open. There was some great tennis. I am still shocked that Federer lost...I thought he was invincible! We'll have to get together to play tennis some time.