Friday, November 20, 2009

Jana's Texas Trip, Part 3

The last couple of days Jana was here were a lot of fun. One day we drove out to Brenham to take a tour of the Blue Bell Creamery. The lady behind the ice cream counter let us try as many flavors of ice cream as we wanted. I was in heaven! After the tour you they give you a scoop of ice cream. We both had snickerdoodle, which was amazing! I can't find it in any of the stores here though, so I guess I will just have to go back to the creamery to eat some more. Other flavors I liked were southern blackberry cobbler, pistachio almond, and pecan pralines 'n cream. You should definitely go try some Blue Bell if you're lucky enough to have it in your state. just a few of the flavors they offer

the original delivery truck



After filling up on all that ice cream we went over to the St. Clare Monastery to see the miniature horses. The nuns there raise the horses and sell them to earn money for the monastery. We didn't see any nuns though, even in the chapel, but we did see lots of little horses. They were so cute!



Jana's last day here we were able to go to the Houston LDS Temple. (For more info about our temples, click here.) Jana tries to go to the temple in every city she visits, but you will have to ask her how many she's up to. Probably around 15 or more now.


After the temple, we also did some shopping, ate a lot of food, and watched our favorite show, The Office. It was so much fun to have Jana here. I'm happy she was able to come and I look forward to many more visits from her and other family members and friends.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I have to say I am SO JEALOUS right now! We got addicted to Blue Bell icecream while we were living in TX, particularly the homemade Vanilla! YUM!!!! Looks like it was a fun visit!

Emily said...

Wow-lot's to do in Texas! Glad you're having fun!

Sara said...

Wow! I can't believe how beautiful the Houston temple is! I don't think I've ever seen a picture of it before. It's fun to see all your pictures and all you get to do in the warm weather!!