We celebrated today by having our 2nd annual Irish food dinner. Remember last year? Since the green milk made Jacob sick last time, this year we went with green ginger ale instead. Here's a picture of what I made: corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes, onions, and carrots. Mmmm... It really is so easy to make, too! I need a good dessert for next year. Any ideas? Although, my girl scout thin mints were pretty good. :)
What traditions do you have for St. Patrick's Day?


6 comments:
None. Sadly, this is the ONE holiday that I let pass by with absolutely no recognition. I seriously forget it every year. Neither John nor myself have any Irish blood in our family so I just don't get it, haha. But I think it's cool that so many people make it fun!
My favorite tradition is pinching...and green milk! Ha!
I've always wanted to try corn beef and cabbage and just haven't wanted to put the effort into it and not like it. I'm impressed with your cooking skills. We stick to green milk, green pancakes, green toilet bowl water, green rolls for dinner, and wearing lots of green.
we totally had all that same stuff! I love corned beef and cabbage as long as the beef isn't too riddled with fat. This year we had a pretty good one. We were lucky
We do all of the same things. Corned beef and cabbage is a staple on St. Patricks day at my house. We should get together for next St. Patricks Day!
i'm full irish and i don't even eat irish food :)
Post a Comment