We celebrated
St. Patrick's Day by trying some traditional Irish food. It was my first time cooking corned beef with cabbage and Irish soda bread and I have to say it all tasted really good. Jacob wasn't so sure about the cabbage when he first saw it, but he
did go back for seconds and said he really liked everything. Mostly he liked the meat and potatoes (typical Idaho boy).

corned beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and onions

Irish soda bread

mmmm...

the only thing he didn't like was the green milk- he said it made him a little sick looking at it
What did you all do for St. Patty's Day? Anyone get pinched? :)
8 comments:
Look how fun you are!! :) I'm boring... I didn't do anything with my little family! You need to post those recipes girl!
I love the Irish food! What a fun idea. I put green food coloring in the boys' muffins, but that's as close as we got to Irish food! I did buy Lucky Charms, but forgot to get them out.
I got to pinch Chad and my friend, Shauna. We had green pancakes, eggs and milk. Em loved the milk...Chad wasn't sure about the eggs.
Wow, I'm not brave enough to try and make that stuff. I was gonna make green alfredo sauce but it was a busy night so we just stuck with boring white. I like the green milk idea...
Hey Kim! Glad to here from you. We are moving to Fairfield, California. We are really excited because we have friends and family nearby. How are things in Idaho? I'll start following your blog and I'm sure I'll find out... Love the St. Patty's Day pics. You look great!
wow, that all looks so yummy! mmm, I'm glad you'll be cooking for me this week... ;)
All I can say is Jacob is lucky to have such a fun wife! And such a great cook. Unfortunately Bryce saw your amazing meal on your blog. I am sure he is wondering why he never sees a meal that looks that good? Is there anything you can't do? You are so talented!
Kim, the food looked really good. I'm glad you try new things. Glad you had a good time with Shaela.
Mom
Post a Comment