Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Friends

Well, Shaela and her kids have come and gone and I already miss them! We had such a great time. She came a little earlier than she had originally planned, but I didn't mind, it just gave us more time to have fun! She drove by herself 9 hours from Washington with her 2 little kids and got here last Tuesday night.
A few highlights from her time here include visiting the bakery where I work (RaNae's Rolls) and eating a yummy cinnamon twist; playing a fun new game (new to me) called Killer Bunnies, which I won; going shopping at a used bookstore, scrapbook stores (mostly for Shaela), and a couple craft stores in Idaho Falls; introducing Shaela and her kids to the goodness of Fiesta Ole; getting together with our friend Holly; and spending time talking and looking at old college photos together.

Her cute kids, Caleb and Elina, munching on caramel apple popcorn from the Poky Popcorn Shop
cutie pie Lina
Shaela & Caleb
Shaela playing me a song she still has memorized from years ago
While Shaela was here she went to visit one of her friends, Holly, and she took me along. I first met Holly through blogging about one year ago (and it turns out that our husbands graduated together at Bonneville High School), so I was super excited to finally meet her in person. I was kind of nervous as we walked to her door, lol! I don't know why because she is one of the sweetest, happiest, and friendliest girls I've ever met. We had a fun time just talking, watching the kids play together, and eating delicious chocolate chip cookies Holly made. Shaela and I kept commenting on her cute house and wonderful decorating skills. It was a good visit and hopefully I'll be able to see Holly again soon as she doesn't live far from Jacob's family.

If you want the full details of Shaela's trip you can click HERE. I was sad when they packed up and left for home, but I didn't cry (at least not in front of them), and we made plans to get together at least every 2 years. (What would I do without blogs and phone calls?) I'm so glad Shaela and I have been able to keep in touch over the years and that we are still such good friends. You're the best, Shaela, and you can come visit again anytime you want!! Love you too, George! :)

3 comments:

Shaela said...

awww, that last line did it - you got me crying! I love you too and miss you already - I'm already excited for next time, and glad we can keep in touch via phone and internet until then. :) love from your George

Jana and Rob said...

That sounds like such a fun time. I want some poky popcorn. I'm excited to live near you again so I can spend time with you; your home always feels so cozy.

Holly said...

What a fun trip. You are SO sweet, I'm so glad we got to meet "in person" too!! :) I hope you will come see me again! Looks like you and Shaela had lots of fun together!!