Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter bluebonnets

We had a great Easter weekend! Spring arrived in Texas a few weeks ago and we have been trying to take advantage of the beautiful weather. Easter morning we stopped to take some pictures of this meadow full of bluebonnets, the Texas state flower. We are seeing these all over the place here. Sorry, these pics do not do them justice. They really are gorgeous and a much brighter blue than this shows.
I didn't realize it, but Jacob kind of blends in here, lol!
Just a few more pics of the beautiful flowers and blossoms we've been seeing lately.


We enjoyed our time spent at home watching General Conference . (This is a meeting held twice a year for members of our church, where we listen to our leaders give inspiring and uplifting counsel.) It was wonderful to receive words of wisdom, and I feel renewed and motivated to become better every day.
We also ate a delicious dinner with friends, and Jacob and I cooked our very first ham. I have to admit, the ham tasted pretty good, but so did all the other food people brought. It makes me hungry just thinking about it again. I'm always amazed when my deviled eggs are so popular because they are very simple and easy to make! We missed being with our families on Easter, but are thankful to have good friends that fill the void.
What is your favorite food to have for Easter dinner?

8 comments:

The Cushing Family said...

I'm jealous to see all of the beautiful flowers where you guys are. We just had another snowstorm here in Colorado. I am dying for some nice weather!!!
Also...glad to hear you got together with friends for easter. I sure miss all of the get-togethers in Virginia.

Liz & Jeff Dennis said...

Beautiful..Were in Texas do yall live. We might be moving to Dallas Texas just dont know yet

Shaela said...

what gorgeous flowers! Spring has sprung in our dessert as well, and it is so pretty. Easter dinner is probably my favorite traditional meal. We always have ham, funeral potatoes and layered salad. We also like to make fresh strawberry pie but I couldn't find Junket at ANY of the grocery stores around here!

Matt and Haley said...

I love deviled eggs at Easter. It's unfortunate that they only seem to be an Easter tradition because I would love them year round!

Chad and Carole said...

I love ham but this year my grandma opted for sloppy joes with potato salad. It felt more like the 4th of July than Easter. Oh well.

David and Michelle Christianson said...

Oh, I remember the Texas bluebonnets! I have a picture of my sister and I when we were little picking them. Very nostalgic! It looks so pretty there and very springy. It's lots of rain and gray skies here. I'm jealous!

Golden Child said...

Jacob sure does blend in, he would be hard to find in a good game of hide-n-seek. he just need a blue bonnet on his head, and I don't mean a flower.

Robert Potts said...

How pretty! I love springtime. We had our traditional between conference lunch-sandwiches, deviled eggs, olives, chips, veggies. Then his dad made ham and all that good stuff. I'd have to say the deviled eggs are my favorite part of Easter. This is Jana, not Rob.