We've been in our house for a while now, and I am finally getting around to showing you some pictures of the inside. We still have to hang curtains and artwork and get a little more furniture for a couple of rooms. The first few nights were really strange. I felt like I was staying at somebody else's house, but now it feels like home.
My favorite room:
Our apt. kitchen was tiny and didn't even have a drawer big enough to put the silverware, so I am loving all the space I have now.
The living room:
Our tv fit perfectly in the alcove, which made Jacob so happy.
One of Jacob's favorite things about the house: 3-car garage!
We had a great Memorial Day weekend. Our friends, the Woods, came to stay and we had a good time. These were some of the only pictures I took from the whole weekend. We were too busy having fun!
Saturday we had a BBQ with our friends the Calls and the Reads. We ate lots of yummy food and afterwards we played "Minute to Win It" games. Has anyone seen that show? We love it! The games are played with household items and timed for one minute. We just came up with our own using stuff we had around the house. I wish I had taken pictures because it was so funny! We will have to do it again sometime and actually play the real games from the show. Although I would love to watch Traci play the card throwing game again. :) After everyone left, the kids had baths, and Traci and I talked in the kitchen for a bit. When we walked into the living room, we found this:
I guess they were all exhausted from having too much fun! We were happy the Woods were able to come for the weekend. Who wants to visit us next?


9 comments:
sounds like a super fun time! And your home looks beautiful - I can't wait till it's our turn to visit! :)
Ooo, I love your kitchen. Jealous. It is so convenient when your stuff fits just right and you don't have to figure anything out...that's the dilemma we have right now. I, too, love the 3 car garage. It's just nice not to have to cram stuff in. I LOVE MINUTE TO WIN IT! My favorite is the ping pong balls in the kleenex box. I always die laughing. I think I want to do it for a family reunion thing. We're excited to see you this weekend. We'll come up for Will's reception!
I love that last picture! Ha ha ha. We were pretty wiped out too, but instead Caleb was wired and we had issues getting him to bed. We still need curtains in our house too, and we've been living in it for over two years. I'm really not good at decorating.
It looks so beautiful! No wonder you are so happy. I bet you are finally glad to have a place of your own. That is so great that you guys get to see the Woods every once in a while. I love the picture of everyone passed out on the couches.
I love your house! Chris really wanted a three car garage, congratulations Jacob. Are you having so much fun decorating? That is my favorite part of moving, organizing and decorating. Hopefully we can come see you sometime.
Kim--luv the last picture! We had sooo much fun at your house that weekend and look forward to the many weekends ahead. I finally figured out how to put your Adoption post on our blog...phew!!! Anyway, we were so happy to have a game night with you and your friends from Houston and can't wait to do it again!
Keep up the good decorating! Can't wait to see the changes...
I love your house! Sounds like you're enjoying it and so are your visitors! We want to come up sometime!
Your house looks amazing, Kim! I'm so jealous that you are getting settled and are homeowners :) . Hope all is going well for you guys down in TX. We miss you!
Congrats on your house! We need to get together again. Let us know what works with you guys. Have fun visiting family!
Post a Comment