Ever since I heard that Wicked was coming to Houston I told Jacob that we had to go. We bought our tickets back in May and I was so excited when the night finally arrived! Our good friends the Keeles went with us. We first ate at a restaurant called Hungry's Cafe that had delicious food. We thought we had plenty of time to get to the theatre after dinner, but by the time we paid and drove over to the parking garage we were almost late. Trever and Heidi had us go in while they looked for a parking spot. We made it to our row right as the show started and the Keeles came in about 10 minutes later.
I loved every minute of Wicked! It was amazing! I was familiar with the music but not the storyline so it was fun to finally know what they were singing about. There was one slower part during the second act when I saw Jacob closing his eyes so I nudged him with my elbow and said, "We paid a lot of money to be here, so you better not be sleeping!" He was pretty worn out from a big surgery at work that day, but he actually did enjoy the show. I had the songs in my head for days afterward. I already want to see it again!
Heidi and Trever
What's your favorite song/scene from Wicked or your favorite musical?


7 comments:
how fun!! and you know that I am totally jealous, hahaha. When we finally get our trip to NYC someday we have to go see it, I've been dying! but maybe when you come visit me in the spring we can go see The Lion King... yes?? ;)
I'm so glad you finally got to see it! It's one of my favorites-the "popular" song got stuck in my head.
Oh my goodness! I can't believe Jacob got sleepy!!! We LOVED Wicked. My fav was definitely defying gravity. We got to go back in Baltimore. We got tickets through the lottery and they gave us seats right up next to the stage. We got spit on by the monkeys at the beginning. SO fun!!
I am so jealous!! I love Wicked too. Madeline knows all the song from hearing the musical. I'll have to take her next time. Let's make a date!
I must admit I've never heard the music but I've heard a lot of people say they loved it! I want to go and see it some day...sigh. Glad you had fun. You're such a pretty lady!
I don't know anything about "Wicked" except that everyone loves it, so I'll have to see it sometime. Glad you made it in time!
I was singing "Popu-u-lar" today. It really sticks in your head, and the actress that did the song was hilarious!
Post a Comment