Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Nursery

Before we knew we'd be bringing home a girl, this is what Katie's room looked like: (You can go ahead and laugh; I do when I see these.)
Here's the outfit we were planning on bringing little James Austin home in (on the left).  I guess we are going to have to wait a little longer until baby James comes. :) 
And now here's Katie's room!  I was so happy we didn't have to repaint and thankful that we picked a neutral color for the walls.  That was one of the first things people asked me when I told them we were bringing home a girl instead of a boy. 

I still need to put pictures of Katie in those frames and I want to get her name in vinyl to put on the wall above her crib.  Other than that the room is ready for her as soon as she outgrows her bassinet. 
Here's another picture of our sweet little surprise. 
Katie and daddy
Jacob has been such a big help with taking care of her!  It's so fun to see him with Katie and watch him be a father.  We both love our little girl so much!

8 comments:

Devin said...

Where do you get the nursery furniture? I really like it.

Emily said...

haha that is so funny! You guys did a good job transforming it into girl though! It looks really good and cute-a room she'll definitely grow in. I really wish we were closer to come and see sweet little Katie! xoxo

Chad and Carole said...

Nice save. I'm glad the brown worked for both. Did you just put the other stuff in storage...in hopes for a James someday? I hope you did because that was stinkin' cute stuff! I love the little lamps. You can come decorate my house any time!

Hansens said...

The nursery is so cute! And so is Kate. She looks so big already! Hope we get to see you guys soon.

Shaela said...

hahaha - so fun to see the transformation! Did you ever get the box I sent you? I hope so... it looks like it will match her room perfectly! ;)

Kim said...

Devin, we got the furniture from walmart.com and the bedding and lamp from babies r us. We like it too. :)
Carole, yes we put the boy stuff in storage. I may regift some of the clothes though!
Shaela, yes your gift came and I LOVE it! Thank you! (Sorry, I'm a slacker at thank-you cards but I'm sending them out soon.)

Jana and Rob said...

I love how Katie has a concerned look on her face. Haha! Her room is so cute! Good job. P.S. I think I'm gonna update my blog right now...

Logan and Traci Wood said...

I can't believe how much Katie has already changed since Syd and I saw her and I can't believe Logan and Kelan haven't seen her yet. I can't wait to give you the headbands my friend made for her. She will look beautifully adorable in them...Hope to see you soon!