Mother's Day was great this year. Well, once I was finished giving my talk at church, that is. :) I only spoke for about 10 minutes and Jacob talked for 20. I cried more during his talk I think. Who agrees that women shouldn't have to speak on Mother's Day? It's just an emotional day for us. When we got home from church Jacob made my favorite meal, shrimp fettuccine alfredo. He took care of Katie for most of the day as well. He gave me my favorite flowers and surprised and spoiled me with a Nook Color!! He knows I like to read but never knows what book to get me, so he thought I would like an eReader. Afterwards, he said he didn't realize how dangerous it would be to give it to me though, because it's like a bookstore in my hands, lol. :) Somehow I forgot to get a picture of Katie and me, but here's one of her.
my beautiful tulips
the cute note Jacob, er, Katie, left me :) I can't wait till I do get sweet notes from her.
Nook Color
Jacob's sister Rachel was here over Mother's Day weekend for a job interview. It was so fun having her visit. Jacob and Rachel were best friends growing up and shared lots of mischevious adventures together. We were happy she could come for a few days and meet Katie.
Aunt Rachel and Katie
Thank you Jacob for making my first Mother's Day so special. I feel so blessed to have such a sweet husband and daughter. I'm also very thankful for my own mom and mother-in-law and the examples they are to me. I love my mom so much and wish we lived closer to her, but I'm happy I can talk to her on the phone anytime I want. I love you Mom!



3 comments:
Hahaha, I had to speak on Mother's Day too! John was slated to speak as well, but the kids got the stomach flu and since my talk was ready and his wasn't, he stayed home to take care of them. And I'm TOTALLY jealous that you got a Nook... I am saving up my money from selling cards and stuff and hope that I can get one by September. :) You'll have to tell me all about yours. :)
Kim I just wanted to say hi and thanks so much for your comment on my blog nice to know who is reading!! And congrats on your little girl!! She is beautiful what miracles eh! hope you have a great day!
What a cute card. Glad you had a good day.
Post a Comment