Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween Bash

This year Jacob and I decided we wanted to throw a Halloween party.  We'd never hosted one before.  I found ideas in magazines and on the internet, including several on Pinterest.  I kept finding more and more that I wanted to do.  It was a lot of work and time planning and preparing, but we had a blast, and I think everyone else did as well.  Wanna see lots of pictures?  Get ready...

a farmer, a milk maid, and of course, the cutest little cow ever :)
Rachel, Todd, Teagan, and Kaden (they were voted Scariest in our costume contest)
Eric, Susie, Maura, Vivi, Tess, and Terrie (won Prettiest category)
Scott, Amy, Stockton, Beckham, and Bristol
Brock, Jessica, Miriam, and Eliza (they won Best Overall in our costume contest!)
Haley, Matt, Carter, and Caleb (won Funniest)
Ben, Stacie, and Ada (won Most Creative costumes)
Stacie's friend Danielle was here visiting from out of town.  She was such a good sport to dress up for our party! 
the food:

spider web 7-layer dip
mummy dogs
count dracula fingers (peanut butter cookies)

haunted graveyard veggie tray (some of the "trees" fell over)

We had games for the kids:  donut on a string
bobbing for apples
Kaden with his prize apple
face painting
Vivi
The adults played a game called candy corn toss:
see how many candy corns you can throw into your spouse's bucket in one minute. 
It was pretty funny. :)
Inside we ate soup, rolls, cupcakes, and lots of candy.  We had a guessing jar filled with candy corns that little Caleb won.  His guess was only off by one number! We then played another fun game called Nosey.  {Split into teams and guess whose nose is poking through a sheet that's hung in the doorway.}  Some were really hard!  Can you tell whose nose this is? :)  
A few more pictures:
Peter and Lauren were there too. 
The kids all got to take homemade slime when they left. 
We also gave these witches' broomsticks filled with candy as favors. 
another pic of my cute cow and handsome farmer
These next two are from our ward's trunk-or-treat which was the night after our party. 
Thanks to everyone who came to our party!  I think it was a success.  We'll have to see if we make this an annual occurence...
Happy {late} Halloween!   

7 comments:

Shaela said...

I LOVE your costumes, you are so adorable!! And your party looks like a success. :) We REALLY want to host an adult-only How To Host a Murder party for Halloween sometime... maybe we'll do it next year. :)

jaustin620 said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. That looks like you had a good time, but that was a lot of work for you! Your costumes were so cute too!

stephslater said...

How fun! Can we come next year? I love the smores costume. I haven't seen that one.
The food table looked amazing. I am finally getting into pintrest. I like all the ideas you found. Nice work!

Jana and Rob said...

Good grief, that food looked amazing! I've always wanted to do a Halloween party. Maybe one day... The candy corn toss looks pretty funny. Is that Jacob's nose?

Chad and Carole said...

You know, after reading the comments I could totally see Jana saying "good grief..." in my head. Kind of funny. Can I come to one of your parties...they are awesome!

Matt and Haley said...

Everything was amazing! My kids had a blast as did Matt and I!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I did the candy corn toss one year with the buckets as you have them and everyone teased me and asked "what kind of party do you throw?" because of the placement of the bucket...fun game though!