Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had a wonderful Christmas celebrating with Jacob's family.  We started off by eating a big delicious breakfast before opening gifts.  We were excited to see how Katie would react.  She mostly wanted to eat the wrapping paper, but she loved her new toys too. :)
I finally got a picture of her playing peek-a-boo.
Katie with her Great-Grandpa Burch
opening presents
Jacob and ShayNiel
Rachel and Harvey
Nielsen and Angela with Katie trying to squirm away
Katie loved this musical walker she got from Grandma.  She pushed it back and forth every day we were there.  She would laugh and get so excited while she was walking with it.  We were sad we had to leave it behind since we couldn't fit it in our luggage.  (But she doesn't need it anymore cause she's doing a lot more walking on her own now!)
the newlyweds, Cryshel and Kolban
Liam (2 1/2 yrs old)
Jacob and Kael
Nathan and Truly
us after church
It was a special treat to attend church on Christmas Day!  The choir and soloists performed beautiful music, and Jacob had fun visiting with friends he hadn't seen for several years.  We enjoyed the rest of the day relaxing at home, talking, eating, and playing all the new games everyone received.  A few of Jacob's cousins, aunts, and uncles also came over to visit for a while.  I got to talk with some of my family on google+ that night.  I missed being with them, but they understood it was our year to be with the Burches.  I'm thankful for the wonderful memories we made on Katie's first Christmas!

2 comments:

Shaela said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Katie is getting so big... when are you coming to visit so I can squeeze those little cheeks?! ;)

Matt and Haley said...

There are some cute pictures of Katie!