I love Christmas Eve!! It's one of my favorite days of the year. We drove up to Idaho on the 23rd to stay with Jacob's family. Christmas Eve we went into town and stopped by the Idaho Falls temple visitor's center.
Harvey, Katie, Jacob
(I love Katie's cheeks in this picture.)
It was special showing Katie the place where Jacob and I were married, even if she doesn't understand it yet. We'll have to take her again when she's older.
Jacob's sister Truly came over with her boys. Here she is with her youngest son, Cyrus (5 months old).
He sure is a cutie.
We also visited the Museum of Idaho to see their Christmas exhibit for free. Here is Katie with Grandma and Santa. :)
I loved seeing all of the nativities. They were all so beautiful. Here are a few of my favorites.
Anybody wanna crochet this for me? :)
There was also a room full of gingerbread houses. These must have taken a lot of time and patience!
I have a weird obsession with barns, lol.
Idaho Falls temple
That night Grandpa Burch and all but two of Jacob's siblings joined us for a delicious dinner of ham and potatoes. We read the story of Christ's birth from Luke 2 then sang a few Christmas hymns, and I played a medley on the piano. Afterward, we had fun talking and playing games, including a new one called Know It or Blow It that we want to get now. I went to bed that night filled with excitement for Katie's first Christmas.


1 comment:
How fun! I love Katie's cheeks in all her pics. Christmas Eve is better than Christmas Day to me. I love it!
Post a Comment