Friday, January 13, 2012

The rest of Christmas vacation...

Here are pictures from the last few days we were in Idaho.

Katie learned from her cousin Kamery how to beg for food.  I thought this was cute when Grandma was feeding both girls.  Look how much taller Kamery is than Katie.  She was almost 14 months when we were there and is already wearing size 2T clothes! 
Jacob got pretty sick with a bad cold while we were there.  He was congested, achy, and chilled.  I guess you're never too old to want your mom to take care of you, especially when you're sick! 
We visited Jana and Rob in Rexburg one day.  I wanted to stop by my old apartment from when I was at BYU-Idaho and take a picture.  I lived in Apt A upstairs on the left (from 2000-2002).  The name has changed but it still looks the same.  It was fun to see it again even if I couldn't go inside.  Brings back lots of memories!Jacob dropped me off on that porch after our first date!
After lunch at a Chinese restaurant, we visited Jana's classroom where she teaches 5th grade. 
Jana & Rob
Then we hung out at their apartment for a few hours.  We mostly talked and Jana had me try Zumba on the Wii.  She's been going to Zumba classes every week and loves it.  I had fun, but would definitely need lots of practice to keep up with Jana.  Katie was a stinker and only took a 30 minute nap while we were there.
I'm glad Jana and Rob live close to Jacob's family so we can see them when we're in Idaho.
I just thought this was a cute picture of Katie talking on the phone and sporting her first ponytail.
Grandma Angela gave the girls matching dresses and tights for Christmas.  We tried to get a picture of them together, and this was about the best I could do.  We'll have to wait a while for Katie to wear the tights.  They were pulled up to her armpits.  :)
Kamery and Jacob
Grandpa Nielsen and Katie
Harvey and Jacob having what Jacob called "an intellectually stimulating conversation".  They go into their own little world when they're together.  I'm glad Jacob is friends with his brother.
Guess Harvey got a little frustrated by Jacob challenging his knowledge. :)
But they really do love spending time together.
We also celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary on the 28th!  We went out to lunch at Johnny Carino's while Angela watched Katie.  It was nice to have some time alone, even though we don't mind taking Katie on our dates.  We had fun reminiscing over the past years together and dreaming about the future.  What will the next 9 years hold?

We spent our last night there hanging out with the family.  This was probably our last year to travel for Christmas, at least for a while.  That made me a little bit sad as we left.  But then I thought of all the fun summer vacations we'll take instead and that cheered me up!  We had an okay flight home.  Katie didn't sleep as long as we would've liked, but she did pretty good.  It was great to be back home and sleep in our own bed!  I think that's what I miss the most when we travel.  We've grown pretty spoiled with our king-size bed.  I need my space when I sleep!

We had a great time, and already miss everyone.  Jacob's mom is coming next week though and will be here for a couple of weeks (to see her new granddaughter), so that will be awesome to see her again.  Just one more post about the holidays and then I'll be caught up!   

2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

I love the cute little ponytail.

Shaela said...

Awww, the picture of Katie with her ponytail is too cute! And I love the pic of you in front of our apartment - we had some GREAT times there! ;) Did you eat at Fongs?? Gosh I miss that food, lol.