Monday, March 5, 2012

Changes

Three weeks ago I was released from my calling as 1st counselor in the Young Women program in our ward.  The president and I had a feeling it was coming soon, but it was still a shock.  I thought we'd stay in there till the summer at least (I was there for a year and a half).  I was so sad and cried while saying goodbye to the girls.  I love those YW so much!  They are like my little sisters.  Of course I'll still see them once in a while at church or when they babysit Katie, but it's not quite the same.  My new calling is to be the Primary pianist, which I did for a year and a half when Jacob was in dental school.  I guess it's my time to have an easier, less time-consuming calling again (which I'm not complaining about!).  I loved it before and I know I'll grow to love it again. 

The following week I received my Young Womenhood Recognition Award for completing the Personal Progress program.  This is what the medallion looks like.  I was so happy I finished PP again, and it was great timing to be done when I was released!  When we got home from church, I dug through some of my old stuff and found my necklaces and medallion from when I was in Young Women's.  It was fun to show them to Jacob.

Anyone else still have their old Young Women necklaces?

3 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

I still have my old necklaces. I haven't seen these new ones with the little gemstone. Very pretty.

Shaela said...

I have all 5 of my old ones - if I ever get put into YW again, they told me that i only need to do the stuff for Virtue and I can get my new medallion too. :)

Chad and Carole said...

Of course! All on one chain too. I was so cool growing up....