I wanted to share some more pictures from our visit with my family. Can't believe it's already been a month since we were there.
Katie and Grandma Austin
Katie and Grandpa Austin
These next few pictures were taken on one of our walks up the road from my parents' house.
Another barn picture to add to my collection :)
These are crawfish or crawdad holes found all over the fields around my parents' house. There were some in the ditch in front of the house and I even saw one in the yard. But I didn't see any crawfish or try to catch one. :)
Has anyone tried crawfish? I ate it a few years ago and really liked the taste, but hated the method of peeling to eat. Also, it started to make me sick to look at them all bunched up in a big bowl with their antennae and shiny shells. Ick...
My mom's lilac bush
sunset
Our drive home went well. I had the car loaded up with our luggage, plus the rest of my boxes of childhood books and toys that my mom was thankful I was finally hauling away. :) It did rain on our way through Arkansas, but that was only really bad for a couple of miles when the rain was heavy enough I had to slow down to 40 mph on the freeway and all the trucks around me turned on their hazard lights. Once we got close to Texas the rain cleared up and it was a beautiful drive the rest of the way home. We passed pretty meadows of yellow, red, and blue wildflowers, tall pine trees, and charming little farmhouses. But I was too anxious to get home to stop and take pictures.
Katie took three naps and one of them was three hours long! So I didn't have to stop as much and the drive home was 45 minutes shorter than going to TN. I was hoping Jacob would be here to greet us when we arrived, but I actually beat him home from work. He got home about 30 minutes after we did and I was so happy to see him! I had a wonderful time with my family, but I had sure missed my cute hubby! I'm happy I was able to visit my parents and sister and look forward our next reunion.


3 comments:
Kim I had no idea that it was so beautiful at your parents house it makes me want to go visit.
It looks like it was a great trip.
Love the pictures! I'm so glad you had a nice trip. I've eaten crawdads before... when I was a 4th year at girls camp my friend and I caught a bunch in the river and we cooked and ate them for dinner. Good taste, but I'm with you... they just look so darn creepy, lol.
Just looking at crawdads grosses me out! I wouldn't even try one. I'm glad you had fun, and I can't believe it was already a month ago either.
Post a Comment