Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Garden update

Our garden has been growing pretty well until the last couple of weeks.  I go out every day to check on it and pick any vegetables that are ripe.  We got a sprinkler system installed a month ago (hurray!), so I don't have to water the garden any more, but I still go out to look at it and see how the plants are doing.  We've been picking a few cherry tomatoes and green beans each day.  The squash and zucchini plants are dying now and I don't know why!  We did get one squash and one zucchini a couple of days ago.  Also, our pepper plants haven't done well, but we do have one jalapeno and one sweet banana pepper growing.  I just keep telling myself that this is our first garden in Texas and it's a learning experience.  Anything after this should be better, right?!  Here are pictures of the garden that I took a few weeks ago. 






The lavendar I planted in a pot is doing well.  It smells so good!
How is your garden doing?  Any tips for my zucchini and squash?

2 comments:

jaustin620 said...

It looks really good. Usually my summer squash produces about 8 to 10 squash and then these ugly black bugs get it and it dies. I try putting an insectide powder on the leaves, but it doesn't work. I don't know what could be killing yours. You could try planting a couple of new seedlings. You probably have time to grow some more!

Jana and Rob said...

Sorry, I don't have any advice on gardening, but I agree with Mom, it could be some bug. I bet you're glad to not have to water your yard anymore!