I think I'm coming to the end of documenting my family's visit. :) Jacob finally got to come with us one day when we went to the Houston LDS temple. It was nice to go with my family and be together there.
Jana & Rob
my parents
We went out to eat a few times. This picture is when we went to the Potato Patch where they throw rolls and muffins. It's tons of fun!
I think Katie was enjoying her roll...
We also had the opportunity to visit a family friend, Peggy Darnell, from our hometown who now lives ten minutes away from me.
We had a really nice time with her. She is so sweet and loved meeting Katie.
I took Jana grocery shopping with us. (How fun, right?) We actually love our local grocery store,
H-E-B, especially because of all the samples to keep Katie happy while we shop. :)
Jana took these pics as we were leaving the store.
Jana helped with bath-time. (Even though I didn't get a picture of her helping.)
Mom, Jana and I needed a little pampering so we got manicures.
I think Mom said it was her first or maybe second manicure!! (not that I've had very many myself) She had fun.
We all picked neutral colors, haha. We play it safe with our nail color.
(I go bold on my toes though.) :)
Katie loves her grandma!
three generations
Jana, Rob and I went one night to a free orchestra concert where they played music from Looney Tunes. It was so fun and brought back many good memories of watching cartoons on Saturday mornings.
I love my family!!
We are so happy my family could come and stay with us, especially so soon after Anna's death, it was very comforting to have them here and be together. It was hard to say goodbye when they left. We love living in Texas, but sometimes it stinks living so far from my family. We are thankful for the times they can come visit. I know I am biased, but they really are the best family ever!!


1 comment:
You know, I don't care what anyone says, she will always be Sister Miller to me. I didn't know she was so close to you. I know the feeling of missing family. I can't wait to see mine in a few months. I still think everyone should end up at your folks for New Years...then we could all get together for games and yummy food!
Post a Comment