I was able to go to Time Out for Women when it came to Houston in September. I had been once before in Idaho just before we moved to Texas in 2009. It's a mini-conference for women with uplifting and motivational music and talks. I went with two of my bosom buddies, Stacie and Bethany. :) They are both so fun to be around and we had a blast.
Bethany, me, Stacie
matching wrist bands :) (made me feel like a teenager)
I also got to see my wonderful friend, Brooke Brooks, who had driven over from Katy. We first met almost ten years ago in Idaho after we were married. She and her family moved here two years ago and we see them occasionally. She's amazing and I was so happy to talk with her again.
They opened up the men's restroom at the convention since there were so many women. Bethany always makes me laugh. :)
We were able to meet several of the presenters. This is Macy Robison, who sang and talked the first night. I enjoyed listening to her story.
us with Hilary Weeks
She is so sweet, talented, down to earth, and surprisingly, very funny. She was at the first TOFW I went to as well. I love listening to her sing or talk.
We also met Kris Belcher, who was probably my favorite presenter of the day. She is hilarious and has an amazing and inspiring message. Go here if you want to experience her humor for yourself. I haven't laughed as hard as I did for a really long time. Love her!
Me with Merrilee Boyack. She is a great motivational speaker. I own her book Strangling Your Husband Is Not an Option, which is great, by the way. When I met her, she commented on our matching shirts and gave me a hug when I tried to shake her hand.
I left feeling uplifted and inspired to be and do better. It was a wonderful weekend. I am thankful for Jacob and my in-laws watching Katie so I could go and have my own little "time out". Have any of you been to TOFW? What did you think?



No comments:
Post a Comment