While Jacob's family was here we visited the beach in Galveston. We spent a few fun-filled hours in the sun and I was reminded why I like the swimming pool better: no sand! (Also, I hate being sticky and I always feel disgustingly sticky at the beach.) Katie had a blast getting covered in sand and wiping it on everyone. Then we brought half the beach home with us in the car. I shouldn't complain cause the beach is so close; I just hate the clean-up. I still loved seeing the ocean though and we had a great time with everyone. :)
Kolban surprised Cryshel and came a few days after her. She had no idea he was coming!
Shay and Tylee
Kaden
Grandma and Katie
Katie slept the whole drive home. She was wiped out.
















2 comments:
You use baby powder to take sand off, right? It's a trick I learned from hard core beach goers in South Carolina.
We did a Galveston trip this summer too. I kept thinking the whole time, why did we drive all this way to play in yucky water and have sand everywhere? I guess you can't get the waves at the pool, and the kids had fun with that. We went to section of Galveston where you had to pay, but it was worth it to drive right up to the beach and have showers afterwards. It minimized the sand in the car, but there's still a lot of clean up for a trip like that!
Post a Comment