June 20 marked one year since my sister, Anna, passed away. Even after a year, it's still hard to believe she's gone. A flood of memories came rushing back from that horrible day last year when my dad gave me the worst news of my life. But then I was comforted with happy thoughts from her life, and I know that's what she would want me to remember. Oh, how I miss her so much every day.
One simple way my family chose to remember Anna was by getting milkshakes at Sonic. They actually happened to be half price on June 20 (also my mom's birthday), which we took as a good sign of Anna's support. :) She loved going with my parents to get ice cream together. I thought of her with every sip.
July 6 is Anna's birthday, and my family all did a balloon release that day to celebrate.
Katie loves balloons, so she was happy to help.
I know Anna was thinking of us that day as well. I'm sure she is busy with her work in heaven, but I hope she can feel how much we love and miss her. I love you, Anna!










No comments:
Post a Comment