We had a great Easter this year. At church, I accompanied the choir on the song He is Risen and my friend Renada on her solo of The Savior's Love. The choir had not had a lot of practice, but I thought it went well, and Renada's was beautiful, as usual (b/c of her, not me :) I also taught the young women lesson to a total of 2 girls (one was a visitor) about coming to know the Savior. There were some great talks in sacrament meeting that helped me reflect about the true meaning of Easter.
Later our friends, the Winegars, had a bunch of us over for dinner. They had made tons of food: chimichangas with all the toppings, and huge pots of beans and rice. There were also lots of yummy desserts. Definitely a new Easter dinner for me, but it was delicious and I ate way too much! They did an egg hunt and a fun present game for all the kids. The weather was nice, but a little chilly towards the end.
We were sad to think that this was one of our last get-togethers with all of our friends here. We have grown close to so many over these past 4 years. Thanks Winegars for putting that all together! We had a great time!
Jacob talking to his friend Matt
My good friend Rebecah and her sister Sammy
all the kids lined up and ready to hunt for eggs


5 comments:
it IS sad to leave behind good friends, but it's always nice to keep in touch with them, too - like me and you!! :0) btw.. I'll teach you to scrapbook ANYtime! love ya
Hi Kimmy! I love your blog. Very fun. Keep in touch when you're on the other side of the country.
I was hoping to be in Virginia for Jacob's graduation, but it looks like I need to be here for the two days that Lauryn and Josh will be stopping on their way to New York. They both have summer interships in NY. Be sure to stop at our house on your way west if you have any time at all!
Marlys,
We will miss having you here for graduation. That would be fun to see you on our move. We will have to see what we can do!
Post a Comment