Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Past, Present, Future

I was tagged by Shaela. It's been fun trying to remember when...

20 Years Ago... 1988
I was 5 years old and lived in Twin Falls, ID. I walked to school for my half-day of kindergarten at Morningside Elementary. My best friend was named Brianna (can't remember her last name), and I also enjoyed playing with the boy next door whose name was Andy. Wonder what happened to them...?

10 Years Ago...1998
I was 15 and a sophomore at Dyer County High School (aka Redneck High) in Newbern, TN. I had my learner's permit and drove either our tiny Geo Metro or our huge Ford van. I went to early morning seminary at 6:30 a.m. I played the flute in our marching band and still took piano lessons from my mom once in a while. My best friends were Carole Chase and Christy Loines, fellow band nerds. :)

5 Years Ago...2003
I had just married Jacob in December 2002 and we lived in a tiny basement apt. in Pocatello, ID. He was going to ISU and I worked for the worst boss ever as a bookkeeper/secretary for his gas stations. (I hated that job!!) We saw Jacob's family a lot on the weekends in Idaho Falls and enjoyed our married student ward.

3 Years Ago...2005
The year before we had moved to Richmond, VA where we still are for Jacob to attend dental school. He was immersed in his first year and studying all the time. I was teaching piano lessons and doing pretty much the same stuff that I still do now. For spring break that year my parents and sister came to visit us and we had fun showing them the sights here and in Washington, D.C.

1 Year Ago...2007
Jacob was finishing up his third year of dental school. I was still teaching and getting ready to do a piano recital for my students. For spring break we flew to Idaho to go to the temple with Jacob's family. They did the temple work for his brother Rye who died in 2006. We were happy we got to be there for that. I was released from my calling as pianist in Primary :( and called to be the Beehive advisor in Young Womens (which I now love).

So far this year...2008
We sold our little business Treasured Rewards (toy vending machines) to our friends. Yay! We are glad to be done with that. I had a diagnostic laparoscopy with chromotubation last week. NOT fun.

Yesterday I...
Slept in late. Went to lunch at Olive Garden with my friends. (soup, salad, and breadsticks-yum!) Taught 6 piano lessons. Called Jacob's mom for her birthday.

Today I...
Babysat my friend's 2 little boys. Talked to my mom and my sister on the phone. I have to go teach 4 piano lessons this afternoon. Tonight I'll watch Biggest Loser.

Tomorrow I will...
Clean up the kitchen. Return a dish to a friend. Teach a few piano lessons. Be in charge of young womens (personal progress night).

This year I will...
finish a few cross-stitch projects, move back to Pocatello, go to the temple once a month, go to Hawaii!! (in June), join or start a book club in Pocatello (b/c I will miss mine when we move), and hold a piano recital for my students in April.

I tag... Jana, Louisa, Lindsay, Cortney, and Alissa

3 comments:

Shaela said...

fun, fun - glad to know I know you well enough to not be surprised by anything! love ya

Shalyse said...

that was cute! it was fun getting to know you better! :-) i didn't know you teach piano...go girl!

Mama Mia said...

Very fun to read! Hope you have fun in Hawaii!