Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pioneer Day Fun

For the 24th of July, since it was Pioneer Day, I made beef stew, wheat bread with homemade butter, and peach cobbler. We had the Kosters over because it was so much food. Jacob loved the beef stew and I had to put away the leftovers before he ate it all. Later we went outside to do some fireworks. We had saved them from the 4th to do with our nephew Teagan. So since he was finally over here we got to use them up. He loved it and was disappointed when they were gone. Rachel and Teagan plugging their ears from the whistling. It was loud!
This was my favorite picture of Teagan with the sparklers.
We are so glad that Rachel and Todd and their boys live close to us. It is nice having instant friends since it is slow making new ones.

3 comments:

Shaela said...

how fun!! But I'm sure you'll be making new friends pretty quick - no one can help loving my Kim-mate! ;0)

Jana and Rob said...

Kim, I noticed that you guys are still keeping a little bit of Hawaii with you because Jacob is wearing slippers and you posted your picture of you drinking your "delicious" coconut juice. Does Jacob like to wear slippers now, because he didn't before. Those fireworks looked like a lot of fun. That is a cute picture of Teagan with the sparklers too. We can't wait to see you guys in December.

Kim said...

Jana,
Jacob does wear his "slippers" quite a bit now. I guess he got used to them. I wish we had another fresh Hawaiian coconut to eat, but hopefully it wouldn't be rotten!