For part of the time Jana was here we went to Galveston. The weather was beautiful and perfect for going to the beach. 
the seawall
finally found a sand dollar at the beach
and we saw a few jellyfish
We went on a dolphin watch boat ride. . .
and actually saw several dolphins! They were everywhere.
This is called the poop deck, for obvious reasons.
We walked around The Strand (historic district) and saw the water line from Hurricane Ike last year.
We stopped at La King's Confectionary and drank milkshakes and ate some yummy salt water taffy.
We also shopped for souvenirs and watched the movie The Great Storm about the hurricane in 1900 that killed an estimated 6000 people on the island. Makes me thankful we have warnings now when a storm is coming. It was good learning about the history of Galveston and we had such a great time relaxing on the beach and eating lots of food (Cajun grilled shrimp, hushpuppies, potato salad). Hopefully I can go back with Jacob and explore the island some more. I think Jana got her fill of the ocean before going back to cold Idaho!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I definitely enjoyed the beach and warm weather. I couldn't believe how muggy it was in Galveston though! Ah, I miss the beach...
That sounds like so much fun, and what I wouldn't give for some hushpuppies right now... Miss you and hope to see you soon
Post a Comment