Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our House!

Don't tell Jacob, but I am taking a break from packing for a few minutes to post some pictures of our house!  I will post some of the inside and backyard once we move in.


We are so excited to move in!  Closing day was a bit stressful (mostly cause they made us drive an hour away during rush hour traffic, yuck!), and my signature was an ugly scribble by the end of signing my name ten thousand times!  When we walked out of the office, Jacob and I just looked at each other like, "Do we really have a house now?"  It was a strange but exhilarating feeling.  We went out to eat to celebrate and then drove straight to the house to walk around.  I have been going over every day to move stuff in and water the lawn.  Can't wait till we get a sprinkler system put in so I don't have to do it anymore!  Oh, and there are a ridiculous amount of bedrooms in this house, so who wants to come and visit us first? : )

13 comments:

stephslater said...

It's beautiful. Not only a house, but a house with a yard. That is a big deal. Congratulations, and have fun decorating.

Shaela said...

Me, me, MEEEEE!!! I wanna come!! But you have come to visit me first, haha. Set one bedroom aside as a sewing/craft room RIGHT NOW so you don't have to move things later, hehehe.

It looks so fabulous and big and wonderful - I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to take the grand (virtual) tour when you're all moved in. :) love you!

Chad and Carole said...

Holy Cow! That house is huge! Do you have enough furniture to fill it up? I'm really happy for you. Having your own place is so nice.

Brin said...

How fun! It will be so fun to have such a nice place of your own. It looks way nice. Can't wait to see the inside pictures. Congratulations on the big purchase! Closing is a headache and a half. Now the fun part of moving in a deciding what you what where begins.

Jana and Rob said...

It looks great! I'm excited to see the inside too. I hope we can come this summer or fall to visit. I couldn't get a layover in Houston in June. :( Since it's a credit from a different flight I had limited choices. I can't wait till we get to buy a house.

The Cushing Family said...

Congratulations! Your home is beautiful. You guys deserve it. You'll have to post more pictures of the inside. Glad to hear you finally got to move in. YIPEE!!!

Emily said...

Holy flip you guys-the house looks amazing!I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous--ohhhh how I cannot wait to live in a HOUSE! We'd love to visit!!

Alison said...

Congratulations you guys! Your house is beautiful!!

Lindsay G. Photography said...

Your house looks beautiful Kim! That is going to be so fun for you guys! How are things going with adoption? We are still waiting...we are getting really good at it!

David and Michelle Christianson said...

Your house looks so amazing!!! I am so jealous. Maybe we will have to come visit :).

Kim said...

Shaela,
Don't worry, I already have a craft room picked out! I can't wait for you to come craft with me in it!

Carole,
We almost have enough furniture to fill up our house, but there are a few things that we'll have to get gradually.

Lindsay,
Not much is going on with us either with adoption. We're also getting good at waiting!

Brooke said...

I LOVE it! I can't wait to see the inside! Congrats! I hope you're enjoying it!

Julia said...

I am loving all the pictures! What a great house! Congrats!