Sunday, October 21, 2012

I am thirty

Why does 30 sound so much older than 29?  Especially since I still feel the same. :)  So far being thirty has been great, even though it seems so weird to be out of my twenties.  It seemed like that decade stretched out forever. 
I had an awesome birthday thanks to my handsome husband plus a lot of wonderful family and friends who made my day very special.  It was on a Sunday this year and we had stake conference (a meeting where several congregations in a region meet together).  After church we ate lunch at the Cheneys house.  We had pizza, one of my faves.  Jacob said we needed to drop something off at the Kosters on our way home.  He drove there a way that we never go, so I was a little suspicious.  I thought maybe something was happening over at their house.  But no, they weren't home.  So we drove back and as soon as I got out of the car I could hear lots of kids inside our house!  We opened the door to go in and the house was full of our friends!!  Everyone did a great job of keeping the party a secret, cause none of them had even hinted that something was going on. 
My sis-in-law, Rachel, and her family had come in while we were at the Cheneys to decorate and get everything set up.  It was so sweet of them.
Everyone brought a dessert and we had so many delicious treats. 


We got pictures with everyone that was there.
Woods
Calls
Heidi (her husband couldn't make it) 
Cheneys
Noordas
Argyles
Haynies
Adams
Cathryn and Luke
Kosters (love Tylee's face here!)
Just looking at these pictures again makes me smile!  I have the best family and friends a girl could ask for!  My birthday gift is going to be a new cell phone whenever I finally decide on what I want.  I hope that will be soon. :)  My favorite gift was a book of notes and letters from friends and family that Jacob had spent several weeks collecting.  I sat and cried and laughed as I read.  Each one made me feel so special.  It brought back wonderful, funny, and maybe a few embarrassing memories.  I loved it.  Hurray for thirty!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I turn 30 next year! I think that you are way ahead of the game! You look amazing and are so established! I think that your 30's will be good to you!

Jana and Rob said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad it was a special day for you.