Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Senior Gala

May 15 was the day of our senior gala, the night I'd been looking forward to for a long time. We got all dressed up, took pictures, and went to the Omni Hotel in downtown Richmond. After the cocktail hour we went into the ballroom for dinner. I was expecting a nice sit down dinner where we would be served by waiters. That's what we'd heard about previous dental school galas. Of course, Jacob's class would be different. We had a buffet. Yes, that's right, a buffet. Now, normally I have nothing against a buffet, but I was not expecting it in a fancy hotel while wearing formal clothes. Most of the food was pretty good and some of it was not. Our table was also in a bad spot- in the corner right where everyone had to stand in line to get their food. So, if you can't tell already, I was pretty disappointed with the dinner.
But there were good parts too. I had fun getting dressed up for the night in a pretty dress (thanks Stephanie!). A few of Jacob's classmates had put together a slide show that was really funny. Mostly, I enjoyed being there with all of our friends and celebrating the end of dental school.






3 comments:

Mama Mia said...

You look so beautiful! Sorry about the buffet!

Shalyse said...

such a cute dress and you guys make a beautiful couple! looks like you guys made some wonderful friends!

Chad and Carole said...

Wow, you guys look great! Are you already in Idaho? I haven't heard.